Brew jobs LA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodpints

Reaction score
Anybody have any tips on getting into a brewery in Los Angeles? Just moved to the area and I've been looking into getting into the brewing industry.

A lot of smaller breweries like "volunteers". I got my start years ago by bottling 6 of my own beers, and going to every brewery in the area asking if I could help out. You get some hands on experience, they get free labor.

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on doing something similar, but in pursuit of the brewing life, I lost my job. So I have to pick up a source of income before I'll be able to "volunteer".

It might not be a brewing job but I would just try to get a job in either a brewery tasting room or a bar that serves a lot of craft beer. It will let you network in the industry and meet a lot of potential employers. Plus you will learn a lot about the business side of the industry.

Thanks Phunhog! That's exactly what I'm trying to do at the moment. Just dropped off an app at my favorite bar.

Back