Brew day is here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fransjoe

Reaction score
I finally got a brew day, making a Newcastle clone doing a partial mash.

Attachments

• 20190628_154102.jpg
    20190628_154102.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • 20190628_154056.jpg
    20190628_154056.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
New Castle is a solid beer. Made a brown ale a few years ago I honor of a friend that passed away his favorite beer was New Castle

Good luck with the rest of the brew day!

I'm still getting heat from the wife, since she considers anything regarding alcohol a mortal sin... (yup, one of the remnants of the prohibition era) but am teaching my son (12yo) the basics of good brewing.

Nice, I really remember my first brew day. I'm not as experienced as a lot of the other people on here but I gotta say.... striving for great brews is very addictive. It becomes a well balanced hobby.

Good luck and keep brewing!

I'm still getting heat from the wife, since she considers anything regarding alcohol a mortal sin... (yup, one of the remnants of the prohibition era) but am teaching my son (12yo) the basics of good brewing.

Sorry to hear she takes such a dim view of the brewer's art.
The best you can do in that case is present yourself and hobby in the best moral light possible and give your boy a solid example to respect. Kids are like sponges - they absorb a lot of things, so best to have them learn well. By comparison my wife is pretty much a tee-total non-drinker but it's a carry-over from her younger days when she was a bit more indulgent.
So there you have it. :rolleyes:

Ran out of propane with 7 mins left on the boil, hopefully it wont affect the process

I hate it when that happens. If you have a brewing software program you can see the effect but overall it is negligible. Cheers!

Back