Brew Day 1.21

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toilet Rocker

Reaction score
Ah, this is the life...

On the heels of accepting a new job on Friday, I am now outside brewing (yes, in the cold), sipping a drink, smoking a stogie, and both posting and watching 24 on the laptop. Despite the frozen fingers, I'd say this is the life.

Specifics:
24 is S3
Stogie is a Romeo and Juliet 1875 reserve robusto
Homebrewing a Belgian Tripel
Drinking a makers mark and water

Back to bliss...

People on this forum sure seem to love Maker's Mark. I remember awhile back there was a thread where everyone was putting it in their porters. If I recall, the general consensus was "shame on anyone who would even think of contaminating their beer with Jim Beam!"

mmditter said:
People on this forum sure seem to love Maker's Mark. I remember awhile back there was a thread where everyone was putting it in their porters. If I recall, the general consensus was "shame on anyone who would even think of contaminating their beer with Jim Beam!"

My personal favorite is Woodford Reserve. But yes, I had bought Maker's for soaking the oak cubes that went into my imp stout.

Jim Beam holds a special place in my heart and I curse those who belittle such a swell bourbon. :cross:

The only whiskey I drink is in my whiskey sours--I can't drink hard liquor straight, it just hits the back of my throat wrong.

Seagrams 7 baby. :rockin:

Toilet Rocker said:
Jim Beam holds a special place in my heart and I curse those who belittle such a swell bourbon. :cross:

My dad and I did a blind taste test with Jim Beam and M.M. once. We both agreed that M.M. was very smooth, but that Jim Beam had more flavor and smelled a little better. We then proceeded to drink some of both and neither of us complained one bit about either bourbon.

Latest posts

Back