Brew Boss SS BIAB basket, no COFI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isomerization

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend how to modify this basket for recirculating below the liquid level during BIAB mash?

https://www.brew-boss.com/Brewing-Filter-Clearance-p/filter-cofi-ncit.htm
Bought it for $65 when they normally sell for $425, but it does not have the center infusion tube. I use camlocks with my pump, whirlpool port is at 4 gallon level.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Can anyone recommend how to modify this basket for recirculating below the liquid level during BIAB mash?

https://www.brew-boss.com/Brewing-Filter-Clearance-p/filter-cofi-ncit.htm
Bought it for $65 when they normally sell for $425, but it does not have the center infusion tube. I use camlocks with my pump, whirlpool port is at 4 gallon level.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I have the 20 Gal system. I built a tube out of CPVC. I used 3/4" CPVC (which measures different from PVC or steel pipe). I drilled holes along the length of the pipe and glued it into a slip-to-MPT (1/2" NPT to match the sliding bottom of the filter). After filling with grain, I slip the top over it, then attach the recirculation hose to the pipe with a CPVC slip elbow - just pressed over and then I slide a 2" #6 SS bolt through to secure the elbow and a SS lifting bracket to the pipe.

The pipe was able to lift and squeeze 65 pounds of wet grains (40# of grain plus the absorbed water).

I had pipe left over so for 25 cents I bought another slip-to-NPT adapter and made a second COFI tube with fewer holes in case I ever do a half batch, that way all the recirculation remains below the top of the grain bed.

-Greg

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

Last edited:
Back