• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nebraska Brew-Boss 15 Gallon System with Cofi Filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK_Phil

Reaction score
Hello All,

Selling my Brew-Boss 15 gallon kettle with Cofi Filter and Controller.

It's everything you need to brew. A complete system.

What comes with it:

Brew-Boss Kettle
Brew-Boss Controller (Version 1) with 8 foot cord
Grain Basket with Cofi Filter
Chugger Pump
All the Silicone Tubing needed to recirc through the cofi filter
Temperature Probe
5500 watt 240v Ripple heating element with Nema 6-30 Plug
8 Foot Extension Cable for Heating Element to Controller
All Clamps and Camlocks needed to hook everything up
Silicone Trivets to provide insulation between kettle and table
**Included is a pickup tube as an add-on item (reduces equipment loss)

Optional Items:
In Line Ground Fault Interrupted (Recommended by Brew-Boss)
Andriod Tablet (10.1" - required screen size)

ASKING:
$975 w/o optional items
$1175 with optional items

Buyer pays shipping and insurance, will cover handling charges on my end.

**Note**

Just want to be upfront with anyone who is interested.

- It is HIGHLY recommended you have an andriod tablet for this system, you don't want to use your ipad as a long-term solution.

- You will have to figure out the optimal water calculation for this system, the calculations on the Brew-Boss website FAQ may not be accurate.

Other than that, hopefully this baby can find a new home.

Why selling Phil?

Well I kinda wanted to go back to extract, but right now I don't think I could sell this system to anyone as I just tried to brew on it and the controller keeps tripping my breaker.

I've contacted the owner, I believe he should replace it if it is faulty as I just ordered the system no more than a month ago.

Well I kinda wanted to go back to extract, but right now I don't think I could sell this system to anyone as I just tried to brew on it and the controller keeps tripping my breaker.

I've contacted the owner, I believe he should replace it if it is faulty as I just ordered the system no more than a month ago.

What size circuit is spec'd and what size are you using?

Sorry for the delayed response. It is not sold. I had to replace the heating element but in the process of doing it the Company offered to wire up a detachable nema 6-30 plug for free while they were checking the relay. Basically I upgraded the heating element on the system and bought an extension cable.

At this point I don't think $900 is fair. I don't want to eat the entire cost of the upgrade but can't expect anyone to be interested if I asked more.

Are my messages not coming through? I sent several with a request to see the unit and then purchase it???

Jacob

Omaha Metro Area

Original Post has been edited to show what upgrades were done to the unit, and also the price has changed.

Bought it end of December. I will work on getting the photos up in the next day or so.

Keep in mind it does have the old controller, not the new one. However it seems to work just fine with the android tablet.

How many batches have you ran very interested live 2 hrs from Omaha

6. The reason the system went in for repair was that I accidentally submerged the heating element in water when I cleaned it. I thought it was water-proof. It now has a new, better element. Along with more cord length.

I'll post photos shortly.

Quick video overview. Nothing fancy. I probably mis-spoke in there a couple times but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video doesn't play ? How old is this system and how many batches have you ran through it ? Thanks

Video doesn't play ? How old is this system and how many batches have you ran through it ? Thanks

6 batches. I purchased the system end of December 2016. The video plays just fine on all my browsers.

Only works it you click on the "YouTube" icon in the bottom right and it opens in YouTube.

It won't play on here. It says, "Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner"

Latest posts

Back