Brew bag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxer.luur

Reaction score
Long time lurker. Finally took the plunge and brought an electric kettle all grain kit from one of the big brew stores. Tomorrow is going to be my first brew. I'm nervous and anxious. My question is can I use a brew bag inside the malt tube to make clean up easier? I want to go thru the process of doing an all grain brew. But was wondering if the bag would help or hinder me. Thanks in advance

A bag will help.
So I can follow the recipe and not worry about messing something up like sparging by using the bag? I know some people will say just do biab and I'm sure I will at some point. I just wanted to do this one step by step by the recipe.

Just hang the bag inside the malt pipe, making sure it's fully expanded (not balled up in any way), and affixed to the top rim of the tube so it doesn't fall. Then proceed as normal. It's essentially just a liner for the tube.

Long time lurker. Finally took the plunge and brought an electric kettle all grain kit from one of the big brew stores. Tomorrow is going to be my first brew. I'm nervous and anxious. My question is can I use a brew bag inside the malt tube to make clean up easier? I want to go thru the process of doing an all grain brew. But was wondering if the bag would help or hinder me. Thanks in advance

Just curious, which electric system did you get?

Just curious, which electric system did you get?
I got the 35l 220v digiboil with all grain kit from Morebeer. Money wise it was what I could afford as I get started in this hobby. Figured this would help me start and perfect the process. I can always upgrade equipment at a later time

Just hang the bag inside the malt pipe, making sure it's fully expanded (not balled up in any way), and affixed to the top rim of the tube so it doesn't fall. Then proceed as normal. It's essentially just a liner for the tube.
Thank you. That's what I was hoping. Just want to be able to simplify cleanup lol

Back