Brett Blow off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callisbeers

Reaction score
I am currently fermenting a beer with Brett. It had a very strong fermentation the first couple days and blew the bubbler off. There was crud in the fermentation chamber. Could this lead to possible contamination of other beers that I will be fermenting in the same chamber? What if anything do I need to do?

Is the yeast some sort of Brett/Saccharomyces blend? Brett generally eats pretty slowly, and wouldn't produce a blowoff. I'd suspect there are some Saccharomyces in there as well.

Is the yeast some sort of Brett/Saccharomyces blend? Brett generally eats pretty slowly, and wouldn't produce a blowoff. I'd suspect there are some Saccharomyces in there as well.

Could be a 100% Brett beer, and they most certainly can blow off.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just clean everything really well. Maybe do the diluted bleach spray if you're really concerned. You should be fermenting in clean and sanitized closed vessels on the clean beers in there anyway so you should be fine.

I am currently fermenting a beer with Brett. It had a very strong fermentation the first couple days and blew the bubbler off. There was crud in the fermentation chamber. Could this lead to possible contamination of other beers that I will be fermenting in the same chamber? What if anything do I need to do?
I would wash it down after with diluted bleach like mentioned, and then starsan. You should be fine after that.

Yeah, 100% Brett brux trois fermentations look a lot like a 100% Sacch fermentation.

Wlp650 sure did. Blow off was crazy

Latest posts

Back