Breaking in the industry....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldWorld

Reaction score
A new brewery is opening. They are really small. Heck I think it's a 4bbl system. They have three fermenters...nice takes with cooling jackets. The grain mill is a nice conveyor grain mill. It's a pretty small system.

My plan is to volunteer to watch the process...Bite my tongue...Try not to make any suggestions. The family seems nice enough that they would allow me to observe the process.

My fascination with this particular brewery is that it could be considered nano scale since it's certainly not going to push 1,000 barrels the first year.

I tasted some of the beer yesterday. It had DMS...I mean cooked corn and cabbage...It's one of those things where you know you've got it and it's not the small amount that should be detected in euro style lagers.

I think it was likely probably from a slow wort cool and a higher fermentation temperature.

I don't know. But I hope these guys will take kindly to my frequent visits and interest. My selling point is that I would work cheap. A brewers program at UC Davis California costs about 35,000$

A work experience at a low wage is a hecuva lot cheaper...I certainly don't have any prerequisite chemistry classes to apply at UC Davis...But I do have an encyclopedic memory of the Practical Brewer :)

Back