Braumeister power UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickFarr

Reaction score
Hi all

I want to buy a Braumeister 50L. They say the power requirement is 13.2 Amps. Which is obviously over the usual UK 13A plug. Vigo tell me it needs a 16A Comando type socket connection. My electrician tells me I don't have a spare port or whatever it's called from my fuse box so to get an independent lead he would need to put in a new fuse board. All too expensive!

Any ideas about this folks?

My electrical skills are pretty much non existent!

Cheers

Nick.

well it sounds like the only simple solution might be to use a lesser used higher draw line. I, like many other on here use the dryer outlet that is available in most US homes for our electric brewing setups since it is not in use all the time. Is there say a higher amp run to the oven or water heater that you could have an electrician instal a disconnect and dropdown for use only when you are brewing? past that you might want to ask around on some UK DIY forums since most people on here arent dealing with 220 60Hz

Back