@bracconiere Sad anniversary soon..commemorative 'recipe'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broken Crow

Ale's what cures 'ya
Reaction score
I miss @bracconiere . This April marks a year since he left us. I want to make a terrible brew of his to raise a glass to him. This isn't a full recipe, but it's what he was drinking around the time of his death and I believe he'd get a kick out of it being shared here and made by some of us in his memory;...this is a qoute from a PM:
"and honestly it's not straight sugar water, i add a half gallon of orange juice to a keg.....actually pretty good to be honest, just kinda to easy to admit to, lol"

Oh, no. I didn't realize he passed.

I was gone for a while and I've been wondering, then I started really wondering.

While driving through the glorious South West, both ways, I found myself fantasizing about how great it would be if I could look him up, maybe hit a local LHBS, and sneakily leave a sack of fancy imported malt on his doorstep, quietly leave, then watch the chaos unfold on the forum.

Damn.

This one's for you, Bracc

and this one, because Bracc

Last edited:
Made my Bracc Brew today, though honestly I'll confess it's much closer to my normal brewing than not.

20240323_105403.jpg

18 lbs of home malted feedmill wheat.

20240323_122719.jpg

Extraction efficiency isn't the best, so I did the pressure cooker treatment after a short mash. I actually plan to clean the stove - someday.
20240323_123714.jpg

Doing a split flavor batch. One gets chopped grapefruit zest, because they got frost bit and were going bad. The other got a quart of canned dried blueberries I got from a bear bait place for $0.60/lb.
20240323_154222.jpg

2019 Crystal hops and unknown homegrown hops I called Wilamette. <$10 for 10 gal. I used all the sugar in the house on blueberry wine earlier this week. So no booster to be had.

Pitched a slurry of Munich Lager, and off to the races!

20240323_164943.jpg

Made my Bracc Brew today, though honestly I'll confess it's much closer to my normal brewing than not.

View attachment 844848
18 lbs of home malted feedmill wheat.

View attachment 844849
Extraction efficiency isn't the best, so I did the pressure cooker treatment after a short mash. I actually plan to clean the stove - someday.
View attachment 844850
Doing a split flavor batch. One gets chopped grapefruit zest, because they got frost bit and were going bad. The other got a quart of canned dried blueberries I got from a bear bait place for $0.60/lb.
View attachment 844851
2019 Crystal hops and unknown homegrown hops I called Wilamette. <$10 for 10 gal. I used all the sugar in the house on blueberry wine earlier this week. So no booster to be had.

Pitched a slurry of Munich Lager, and off to the races!

View attachment 844852
LibreOffice and Firefox, who said you could use my PC?

Back