bpw?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry :~) brewery powder wash. i've seen it at the LHBS and wondered if anyone had ever used it to clean kettles of kegs. i got a little scortching on my mlt from the decoction last week, and need something good to get it off with.

I don't know if it'll take off scorching, but it cleans the residue out of my kettle really well.

BTW, it's PBW....powdered brewery wash.

DeRoux's Broux said:
sorry :~) brewery powder wash. i've seen it at the LHBS and wondered if anyone had ever used it to clean kettles of kegs. i got a little scortching on my mlt from the decoction last week, and need something good to get it off with.
I use it...especially for anything that's tough to scrub. An hour soak in PBW and hot water takes off everything I've ever tried, and the grime floats right off...I've never had to scrub anything when I've used it.

I save it for tough jobs however, because it's kind of pricey.

Try some TSP, you can get it at Lowes or HD. I've used it before it works great along with a scotchbrite pad..

cool, thanks guy's. i had just noticed it the last time i was at my local HBS, so couldn't remember the exact name of it.

i may look into the TSP too!

thanks again.

Back