Bottling Some Funky Consecration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cidafa

Reaction score
I made a Russian River Consecration kit, and I am getting to the point that I want to bottle it. I am going to go the wine yeast and priming sugar route as per Vinnie at RR. Should I pull the beer from the fermenter that has all the funk into another vessel (ie Priming bucket)? Should I filter first? or is ok to get some of that nasty looking funk mixed in? I would be careful not to get a bunch of it, but I think it would be impossible not to get some of it mixed in. Or, do I want some of that funk mixed in? I took a Gravity reading today and taste tested it and it is deeeelish. It has been going for 9 months. I just want to bottle this stuff right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Consecration.jpg

I will cold crash it, but after thinking about it, I may let it sit for another month or two. If I can wait that much longer. lol

Any pros or cons to kegging and force carbonating, and then bottling with a gun, over bottle the traditional method using yeast and sugar? I kind of want to have some on tap, but also would like to have some bottled for aging.

Latest posts

Back