Bottling in bathroom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbykollege

Reaction score
Anyone do this? It's my first time bottling a 5 gal batch and I'm thinking of using the tub for sani, and placing the carboy on the toilet. I'll also bleach the hell outta everything.

I bottle on the door of my dishwasher. If I make a mess just close the door and it'll clean itself the next time I turn it on.

Wow! How messy is bottling? I just place my fermenter on the counter top and siphon into my bottling bucket below. No mess. Put bottling bucket on counter top and attach spring tip bottling wand to spigot. Place two paper towels on floor directly under bottling wand. Grab bottles and fill. Any little bit that drops from the wand lands on the towels and when I'm done I bunch the paper towels up and throw them away. No mess. Once you get the hang of it it's really easy to bottle without a mess. But I understand being extra cautious at first.

Sounds unsanitary. Your house is full of e.coli, but the bathroom takes the cake

I too use the bathroom, mostly because I have set up the guest bathroom as my in house brewing area. It makes a lot of sense if you would see it. Also its hardly ever used for actual bathroom activity, so its pretty clean. I wouldn't recommend the tub, you should just use a bucket. Buy starsan. And a bottling wand if you don't have one. All these things are cheap, so get them.

The dishwasher is the easiest cleanup by far, use it if you can.

I make a mess no matter where or how I bottle. That one second I take my eye off of it always gets me in trouble with SWMBO. I was bottling in the kitchen two weeks ago from a keg using BM's bottle filler technique and the stopper blew out of the bottle. Evidently, I had my finger on the bottle rim and not the stopper. Beer skeeted in my eyes and all over the sides of the cabinets. The more I bottle, the messier I get it seems.

The funniest part is the thread right below this one is "Leak I can't track down".

Sorry, just struck me funny. Sounds like you'd be better off in the kitchen.
:mug:

Back