Bottling from the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, the Blickmann beergun makes bottling quick and easy from a keg. One of the better additions to my homebrewing equipment inventory.

Another option is a Counter Pressure Bottle Filler. They are normally cheaper than a beer gun.

I use a counter pressure filler deluxe edition from more beer. To be honest it is probably the Cadillac of fillers but it's a bugger to keep clean and have had an infected batch before I think from it. It was a Belgian golden so it didn't hurt the beer but made it over carbed in the bottles. When I say Cadillac I mean it has all the best features for the beer. It flushes with co2 and fills under pressure to minimize the dissolved co2 loss. My biggest advocation for this thing is that it is probably the best way to get your delicious dry hopped aromatic IPA into bottles and preserve that hop aroma and minimize any oxidation that may occur from the other bottling options.

I always rack a 12 pack worth of bottles into my bottling bucket at kegging time. Then I bottle with coopers carb drops. I have been doing this for years and it works great. I always need a few bottles on hand to give away!

I've jammed a racking cane on the bottom of a picnic tap with a rubber stopper (forget the number...but bottle sized) simply push the cane to the bottom push the stopper into the bottle neck and fill to overflow, pushes out all the O2, and removing the cane leaves the perfect amount of head space every time. I think about 5 bucks invested.;)

Back