Bottling beers for long term aging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
Currently I have the Red Baron capper. I want to bottle some bigger beers for long term aging. Just wondering if this capper makes a good enough seal or do I need to upgrade to a bench capper?

I've always just used a winged capper for my bottled beers. I've aged beers for close to 2 years and counting with no oxidation issues. I've never given it much thought if one kind of capper is better than another for long term aging. Will be interesting to see if someone else has an opinion.

The thought never crossed my mind, but I've never had issues with El Cheapo winged capper.

Currently I have the Red Baron capper. I want to bottle some bigger beers for long term aging. Just wondering if this capper makes a good enough seal or do I need to upgrade to a bench capper?

I used a Red Baron for quite a while, before switching to a bench capper recently. I had some bottles more than a year, and no problems.

IMO the only difference in a bench vs wing is ease of use and speed of bottling, otherwise IME the seal is the same

Back