bottling after dry hopping w/ pellets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleb

Reaction score
well, I got it bottled, but it wasn't pretty. I used hop pellets to dry hop a pale ale and decided on getting pantyhose to filter out the hops when bottling. Where I went wrong is when I put the pantyhose over the racking cane and into the beer. It kept getting stuck, so I set up the siphon over and over again cause of the millions of rising bubbles in my tube.:mad: and the siphon was going so ssslllooowwww. My beer was being aerated. :mad:

2/3s into the siphoning I finally realized that the pantyhose must go at the end of the hose into the racking bucket and YES.. it worked perfectly. So I Have a question about the pantyhose. How do you sanitize them? I decided to put them in with the boiling bottle caps for 5 mins or so. Seemed good to me. Another thing... I chose white pantyhose. Do you think that'll look good w/ my beer?

Tip... when your ready to dump the contents of the fermenter out dump it right into the pantyhose so your drain doesn't get clogged w/ all those lovely spent hops... works like a charm.

beers to you :mug:

thats a perfect sanitizing technique for the 'hose. Also, white is classy and timeless, should really compliment the beer nicely.

Back