Bottling a lager.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may have an issue with there being enough yeast left to carbonate the beer. Either gently stir up the yeast cake a little, or at least take some out, or add some ale yeast from a fresh packet at bottling time. You would only need about a quarter to third a packet.

I have a lager that's been in the bottle for a few months now that's flat. I thought I stirred the yeast up, but it was either already dead or at I didn't get enough. It is getting me to the point where I want to buy kegs so I can at last drink this beer. I had one bottle that was carbonated and it was great. I've also had a bottle that was too sweet. I need to pay more attention to my bottling procedure next time I bottle.

I just pulled my BoPils out of lagering last night...have it wrapped and warming up for a little noble dry hopping I am going to put it through. I too am a little worried as I left it lagering for two months. I've heard you can sprinkle a little in each bottle...is this correct? I use 16oz bottles and only do 1 gallon batches. Any help would be appreciated.

Back