Bottled vs Kegged Tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyacovett

Reaction score
So I brewed a basic tripel a few months back, kegged half and bottled half in flip top bottles. I did both at the same time. The kegged batch I primed with corn sugar, the bottles I used coopers carb drops. I have drank a few bottles and it is really good. Started out a little cidery form the sugar, but that has mellowed and its good now. Has a nice spicy yeasty profile. I just tapped the keg, figuring it was ready. Put it in the fridge for a few days, then poured a pint. It is much darker than the bottled beer, and tastes quite a bit like sour apples. These aged literally right next to each other. The only difference is one was bottled and one kegged. I cannot figure out what could have gone wrong. I sanitized the keg like usual, and it doesn't really taste like an infection.

Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Does it take longer for a larger volume of beer to age than smaller volumes (bottle)??

Should I take it out of the fridge and let it age longer at room temp??

Latest posts

Back