Bottled my very first batch yesterday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsaavedra

Reaction score
It was a honey brown ale from Jasper's, should be in the low 6% range (the kit says 6.4%, but my OG was off, probably due to me not mixing the wort and top off water enough, and I also took my FG reading after the priming solution was added in so I will never know for sure).

Left it in primary for 3 (long) weeks, bottled it all up yesterday. After these 48 were bottled there was still some left in my bucket so I ran to the store, got a 22oz Guinness, poured it in a mug and cleaned and sanitized the bottle and it was the perfect size for the remainder of my beer. My capper didn't really like the neck of the Guinness bottle so I unscrewed the bell and tapped it on with a hammer, seemed to do the trick.

Now I just have to wait 3 more long weeks and see if it is carbonated properly and ready for consumption! I drank my hydrometer sample and it was very tasty!

9U37tQj.jpg

congrats! did you brew this one? "Oh Daddy-O Honey Brown Ale" sounds yummy!

Yup, that's the one! It was tasty, I liked the sample I had. I can only imagine it will get better with carbonation and served cold. My sample tasted a little sweet up front, possibly from the priming solution or the honey, or both, and it had a pretty bitter finish that was not unpleasant. Hopefully these flavors round off with some age.

Back