bottled a beer i wish was more hoppy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff81

Reaction score
Once a beer is bottled is it too late to add hop flavor? This is one of those moments i wish i kegged.

Yes it's too late, even if you were kegging all you could mod is add dry hops which would just add aroma not flavor

To bad....i was hoping some of the hop flavor would stand out after bottle conditioning....guess i know now that's not the case....its still a good beer and I'm gonna enjoy it anyways! :)

Thanks !

Enjoy the beer for what it turned out to be and make notes so if you brew it again you remember to adjust accordingly.

Next time you brew this recipe, add more hops. That's how you perfect recipes. Didn't come out quite right this time? Presumably this won't be your only batch of beer. Learn, drink, and move on. :mug:

That's how i try to look at it...I'm new to brewing so i certainly can't expect perfection each time....as long as I'm continuing to learn I'm going in the right direction. Thanks for the feedback! ::mug::

I was hoping maybe i could open each bottle and drop a hop pellet in them but i fear infection too much. I'm definitely gonna hop one or more bottles to get an idea how much more hop flavoring i want when i brew my next batch (i have two of these kits)

You could make a hop tea and add a tiny amount to each bottle (experiment to see what is the right amount to add), but may not be worth the trouble. Agree with Pivovar, dropping in a hop pellet is not advisable.

Back