bottle the 1 gal. batch soon...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inda_bebe

Reaction score
around late March i brewed up a simple sour one gallon recipe w/ an OG of 1.055 and threw into a secondary w/ Mangos and Apricots at 1.008. so, a few months past and im wondering how to bottle this thing?

do i need to repitch some yeast a couple days before bottle day? on a carbonation calculator it says to make priming sugar of 0.47oz of corn sugar. do i have to do a 2 cups of water boil like the usual 5 gal. batch? or should i cut it down to .4 cups of water w/ my .47oz corn sugar and add to the bottling bucket?

how long would you guys let this one sit before popping this bad boy open?

ab3028fa.jpg

8d894a07.jpg

I've been scheming up plans for 1 gal fermentation, too and wondered what process I old use to bottle, as well. I'm concerned with minimizing aeration and as well as you getting priming sugar right with such a small volume.

All your priming volumes are just 1/5 of what you use in a five gallon batch. Obviously you need a smaller saucepan or pot to heat your priming sugar (you may want to just use a measuring cup in the microwave and keep a good eye on it to stop a boilover).

Did you inoculate those with dregs of sour beers? If so, they are definitely not ready to bottle after three months.

I've cultures the dregs starting with 4oz then 6oz then to 32 oz. Then use that to pitch into the 1 gal. Jug

sounds safer. now im just wondering if i should pitch in some fresh yeast a few days before i bottle. i plan on bottling in at the end of this month. tasted this thing and it tastes amazing, now ive found my base recipe.

Back