Bottle Share Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta share the pic again just because. Thanks to my friend!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412637104.142596.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Share on Friday. That Heart of Darkness was the best of the night unanimously, but 2010 Found Found, batch 1 Aurelian Lure and the Blueberry Flanders were all amazing as well.

1413232823760.jpg

Share on Friday. That Heart of Darkness was the best of the night unanimously, but 2010 Found Found, batch 1 Aurelian Lure and the Blueberry Flanders were all amazing as well.

Dat Heart Of Darkness Doe.

2014 Fou? Was disappointed having it fresh
Which tree house?? Love everything they have been putting out, need to get my hands on some of their coffee stouts.

Dat Heart Of Darkness Doe.

2014 Fou? Was disappointed having it fresh
Which tree house?? Love everything they have been putting out, need to get my hands on some of their coffee stouts.

It was 2010 Fou Foune. I like how my phone autocorrected to Found Found haha.
The TreeHouse was Curiosity 8, it was delicious!

And yes, the Heart of Darkness was just insanity, we each got about 2.5 ounces and sipped it over the course of the 4 hour share.

Never heard of Heart of Darkness, googled it, started wondering why you all were excited about a 5% stout from Magic Hat. Haha.

I eventually figured it out (obviously I'm not a big mead fan)

Doing my first bottle share on wed night, any tips? Do you do lighter beers first? We'll have sours, a tripel, and big stouts mostly. M
Any advice to get the most out of it would be great. Thanks!

Doing my first bottle share on wed night, any tips? Do you do lighter beers first? We'll have sours, a tripel, and big stouts mostly. M

Proper glass ware, AKA Dixie cups
Thanks for invite too, Bill :D

Start light and make your way dark, Id finish on the sours.

My experience with bigger bottle shares is everyone puts their beer out and everyone grabs and opens the best ones (including me). There was no light to dark. I did go to one that was much more structured but only because the leader made it so. Just depends how you want to do it.

If doing anything hoppy make them last. I like to mix sours in between big beers like BT/CR to help act as a palate cleanser.

have some snacks on hand. drink water. drink the beers slowly. pace yourselves - both in terms of how much you pour yourself, and how quickly bottles are opened. sucks to plan a 3-hour tasting and not have any beer left in the last hour.

i prefer to cluster similar beers together - all the sours, all the stouts, etc. i find that sours make a good intermission between non-sour styles, since they are so different.

My experience with bigger bottle shares is everyone puts their beer out and everyone grabs and opens the best ones (including me). There was no light to dark. I did go to one that was much more structured but only because the leader made it so. Just depends how you want to do it.
that's quite different from my bottle-share experience. i've only gone to smaller ones, with friends/acquaintances. the crowd was never so big as to not be able to talk to everyone at once if needed. it has never been a free-for-all. we passed around and all tasted a bottle at the same time. we would share our thoughts on the beer. sometime we would do group blind tastings (one person pours for everyone else into numbered dixie cups, or the bottles are wrapped). we can take the pulse of the group - "everyone up for another hoppy beer, or should we move on to sours?".

i don't know if i'd enjoy bigger tastings where everyone scrambles to get in as many tastes (of the good stuff) as quickly as possible.

Maybe I portrayed it poorly but there were probably 50 or so people at a couple I went too. Still amazing because so much amazing beer was brought - at least a hundred awesome beers. I thought it was great. I've been to smaller more organized ones and they were great too.

Thanks for the replies. We've got about a dozen 750's for five friends while playing poker. So it won't be a crazy free-for-all. I like the idea of sours between stouts too. Thanks again

We actually try to have a fair amount of food at ours. Hummus, veggies, chips, pretzels, meats and cheese etc.

In terms of the beer, we usually pick an choose from whatever we personally brought, kinda one-uping each other throughout the night. Makes for fun surprises.

Another suggestion. The "best beers" or ones you want to try the most. Drink them early. Trust me...a Fou Foune at 2am after a lot of other high gravity beers isn't near as good as it would be if it was the first of the day. Done both a couple times unfortunately.

Another suggestion. The "best beers" or ones you want to try the most. Drink them early. Trust me...a Fou Foune at 2am after a lot of other high gravity beers isn't near as good as it would be if it was the first of the day. Done both a couple times unfortunately.

+1 don't save the best for last.

+1 don't save the best for last.

Truth. Drink the turds last!

Trust me...a Fou Foune at 2am after a lot of other high gravity beers isn't near as good as it would be if it was the first of the day.
truth. alternately, time-box the tasting so it doesn't go until 2 AM :cross:

we typically hold our tastings from 4 to 7 pm and get all the notables done in that time period. the party goes on after 7, for those who want to keep drinking but the quality is ratcheted down a notch - there are few to no "must haves". folks with kids, lightweights, people with evening plans, etc check out at 7.

Brew day turned into a bit of fun! The 2 homebrew are sours that Abby brewed (4 years ago!) One was strawberry and the other cherry. They were fantastic! Wish I could have had those for myself :p but we had a fun time except I had to go to work at 8pm so we weren't able to completely empty out the fridge. Great beers, great friends and a successful brew day. Cheers!

View attachment 1417984815538.jpg

Skeezer and Blizzard can both tell you that I found this out the hard way! Lol

Back