Bottle serving temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smagic14

Reaction score
Just got two of the stc 1000 and hooked it up to my mini fridge. (Thanks to all of the wiring diagrams poated on here helped lots) I have an extra mini fridge that I use for keeping my beers cold in (after they have carbonated) to save space in the main "food fridge"

My question is since I have the extra stc 1000 I was wondering is it total overkill to hook it up to my beer mini fridge and set it to a specific temperature to get the best flavor from my bottles?

Different styles should be served at different temps - so I'd set the mini fridge to be in the range for the coldest style you have (usually lagers.) Then if you have something that needs to be at a warmer temp (IPA, stout, etc) just take them out and leave them on the counter for a bit to warm up some. Save the other stc-1000 to make a 2nd fermentation chamber down the road (probably the first time you want to do long term lagering and still brew another beer!) Good luck!

Back