Bottle Rocket ISA Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nebula1

Reaction score
HI all, I'm new to Hit, but have been brewing for a few decades. I love Phillips Brew Co beers. I particularly like the Bottle Rocket ISA. There is no information on the hops or grain bill from Phillips and they do not tell you because I've asked Matt many times about the hops in the recipe and they won't budge on it.
This is a very sessionable ISA with a huge hop flavor. Easily one of my favorite brews.
I have attempted it 5 times now and I'm still not close enough.
Not knowing what hops, grain or Yeast they use, makes it a little tough to nail down.
Any and all information would be much appreciated.
Thanks and Cheers, Jim

HI all, I'm new to Hit, but have been brewing for a few decades. I love Phillips Brew Co beers. I particularly like the Bottle Rocket ISA. There is no information on the hops or grain bill from Phillips and they do not tell you because I've asked Matt many times about the hops in the recipe and they won't budge on it.
This is a very sessionable ISA with a huge hop flavor. Easily one of my favorite brews.
I have attempted it 5 times now and I'm still not close enough.
Not knowing what hops, grain or Yeast they use, makes it a little tough to nail down.
Any and all information would be much appreciated.
Thanks and Cheers, Jim
Hi Jim.

Also a huge fan of Phillips beer. This is my first post to the forum and I would love to help discover how to clone many recipes such as Phillips bottle rocket and Driftwood beers too.

As for Phillips. They malt their own 2 row in house so it would be tough to perfect that without their proprietary malt. None the less, I think the dry hopping and mash hopping for this Bottle Rocket is the key to the ISA. Seems like Mosaic hops with Cites and I am sure one or two more. You discover anything else here? Please share your wisdom

I used to have the recipe from the brewery, but I can't find it anymore. But I remember that it was very simple. Just 2-row, crystal, and a single hop (can't recall which one) Obviously very high on the late addition and dry hops.

Back