Bottle Priming first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3rror

Reaction score
I am getting closer to bottling a 1 gallon batch of a Newcastle clone.

I have been trying to determine what the best procedure is for Priming before I bottle.

Can anyone provide some guidance on the Priming process? I intended to is table sugar but am open to alternatives.

Thanks for the support.

BATCH PRIMING OUTLINE

1. Use THIS to determine how much table sugar you need. (I put in Brown ale (English), 1.9 volumes CO2, 1 gallon, 72F (room temp), and got 0.6oz table sugar.)

2. Sanitize everything that will touch the beer. Including caps, buckets, tubing, bottles, etc. etc. etc.

3. Dissolve sugar in to a small volume of water, heat to boiling for a couple of minutes (for that amount, a half a cup of water should be fine).

4. Pour sugar water in to a bottling bucket with spigot (You do have a bottling bucket with a spigot and a bottling wand, right?)

5. Siphon (rack) beer in to the bottling bucket. No need to cool the sugar - the volume is so small that the beer will cool it.

6. Fill bottles. Cap. Store.

7. Wait 2-3 weeks. Drink.

Latest posts

Back