Bottle/Keg washing service?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoVaBrewer

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to a Homebrew shop that does a bottle/keg washing service? is that strange? I imagine it would work like an exchange, you drop off dirty bottle/kegs and receive fresh ones on the spot for a small fee.
How much would you be willing to pay for that, factoring in how much detergent, sanitizer and time you use for each batch.

See my reply in the other thread where you brought up the idea. If I were a shop owner I would charge at least $50/hour to see any real profit.

I can see the shop being blamed for all sorts of ills from people too lazy to wash their equipment.

If they are too lazy to wash their equipment, their sanitation probably has a lot of shortcuts.

I wouldn't pay to wash my keg but, to wash my beer or wine bottles. Woooo. Oh I would pay. I keg my beer now but still bottled wine. If you are including delabeling, premium price. $0.25 a bottle would be fair but I would probably pay $20 for 30.

Back