Bottle Cap Bar Top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cperry7467

Reaction score
So I've spent the past few days gluing down about 1,200 bottle caps and unfortunately I'm about 200 short right now. Anybody got some they wouldn't mind chipping in? Trying to use as many unique ones as possible. Here's some pics. Need to finish putting down the caps, pour some epoxy resin, then stain and poly the bar... Seems neverending.

20120305_205456.jpg

20120305_205527.jpg

My cousin built it, he's a damn good carpenter. I wish i could take credit but he's the one with the skills.

Do you have a list of the caps you currently have so we can send those you don't have?

Very nice bar, I hope your cousin got a few beers out of it ;)

Anyways, about your cap situation, check out this thread. The author made a pretty sweet home bar and did a bottle cap bar top as well. He had some help from Cape Brewing. Might be you wanna give him a pm to see if you can get a donation as well. If it's a go, offering reimbursement for shipping would be a grateful gesture I'm sure.

Good luck!

I have some three floyds and goose island one, plus some Iowa brews. If that helps at all. I could drop them into the mail.

Yea definitely! I have like 2 from three Floyd's and I don't know of any from Iowa. I'll PM my address.

IPAddict said:
Very nice bar, I hope your cousin got a few beers out of it ;)

Anyways, about your cap situation, check out this thread. The author made a pretty sweet home bar and did a bottle cap bar top as well. He had some help from Cape Brewing. Might be you wanna give him a pm to see if you can get a donation as well. If it's a go, offering reimbursement for shipping would be a grateful gesture I'm sure.

Good luck!

Actually that bar top was what made me want to do mine! I saw it a couple of years ago and started collecting caps. Good idea on reimbursement, I can PayPal people shipping.

Small update... Got enough caps, all glued down, 2.5 gallons of epoxy resin (i'm broke now), 1 coat of golden pecan stain... Still have to put down a little bit more epoxy for touch ups, more stain then poly... Can't wait to be done. Here are the latest pics.

ForumRunner_20120314_230436.jpg

ForumRunner_20120314_230508.jpg

ForumRunner_20120314_230522.jpg

love the bar top, I want to do the same for my basement renovation coming up in a few months. I have been trying to collect caps as well. I have a lot of drinking to do lol

Welderbydaybrewerbynight said:
That's really cool my buddy wants to do something like that to his coffee table I will have to show this to him.

Tell him wait at least 12 hours or more between coats. I waited 5 per the instructions and air bubbles started forming in the partially cured layer which some were impossible to remove, others I had to hit with a blow torch to pop them and then fill the pocket with resin. It sucked.

Back