Bottle bombs with a home made counter pressure filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nperea16

Reaction score
I made a bottle filler with a picnic spout attached to a bottle filler and #2 rubber stopper. I want to ask if there is any reason for concern that bottle bombs will come from bottling using this filler? I just recently had a bomb that took my fiancé to the hospital for stitches. I'm hoping I can bottle from the keg with no worries.

It's always possible if the batch is infected. If not it's very likely if you counterpressurefill from a keg. You are putting already carbonated beer inside, the same as breweries do.

yup, you'll be good if the following is true...

A) it did finish fermenting before you put it into bottles
B) (obviously) do not put priming sugar into them

My apologies about the fiance'! holy crap thats scary...

Thanks guys. It definitely is done fermenting. No priming sugar either. Funny now every bottle I open home brew or commercial all I can think of is explosion while opening. Lol. Guess we will get over it soon! Cheers!

what are you sterlizing your bottles with , are your bottles clean inside no gunk or crud , do u rinse your bottle out right after you pour ? sounds like infection to me

Back