Bottle Bomb Hyper Anxiety

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbieHowells

Reaction score
Does anyone else suffer from this?

I just bottled a low gravity Saison yesterday afternoon. No reasons to be concerned- extract brew got down to 1.010, steady readings, five weeks in the carboy, properly measured priming sugar, no signs of infection or brett in the beer.

Still, last night, I was jumping up in bed every time I heard the least noise, convinced that it was a bottle bomb. Silly stuff that only a half-asleep homebrewer would think sounded like a popping bottle. Even the dog's snores started sounding like explosions.

It really didn't help that SWMBO's overalls were clanking around in the washing machine. And never mind that the yeast probably wouldn't have had enough time to create enough pressure to blow a bottle at that point anyway.

This is standard for me the night after I bottle, even though I have never had a single bomb.

Does anyone else lose sleep the night after bottling, or am I the neurotic one?

Hmm. I got a bad back and do not sleep in a bed but in a recliner and dang but I have cases of beer carbonating stacked behind it year round. Might not be so bad but I do not bother with a hydrometer check anymore I just leave it in the fermenter for a few weeks then bottle.

Latest posts

Back