Bottle after two weeks or can I secondary in a 2 gal corny?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where's my beer?

I left it around here someplace.
Reaction score
I just found out that I've got to leave town for work after only two weeks of fermenting in a 1 gallon jug. Was looking forward to leaving in primary for 1 month but now duty calls and I can't take it with me. What do you guys think?

What is it? When do you want to drink it?

Just a simple 1 gallon extract recipe kit from Northern. I know it's not much but it is my first and I was very excited. I'd love to make it safe so I can hopefully drink it when I return in early April.

After 2 weeks it may be ready to bottle especially if it was a kit. I would bottle and when you return you can consume said bottles! Good luck

Ditto you are probably good to bottle, as long as you saw some fermentation activity after you pitched. Hope you enjoy your beer!

Ditto you are probably good to bottle, as long as you saw some fermentation activity after you pitched. Hope you enjoy your beer!
One caveat, since you are leaving I would put you bottles in a bathtub or something, just in case you didn’t hit your final gravity and they burst while your gone. If you have a hydrometer you could take a reading to make sure.

After 2 weeks it may be ready to bottle especially if it was a kit. I would bottle and when you return you can consume said bottles! Good luck
One caveat, since you are leaving I would put you bottles in a bathtub or something, just in case you didn’t hit your final gravity and they burst while your gone. If you have a hydrometer you could take a reading to make sure.

Awesome. I will bottle tomorrow and store them in a safe spot. Thanks for the advice!

Back