Bored at work... Can't wait to go home and have a beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quincy07

Reaction score
I'm bored at work. It's been a ridiculously slow day at the shop, I'm a mechanic, and can't stop thinking about the IIPA I bottled 2 weeks ago and put a few bottles in the fridge last night. All I can think of is the thick creamy head and powerful hop aroma and that first taste that will make sitting at my toolbox all day worth it.

Is it 5 yet?

I'm right there with you. I'm not a mechanic, I sit in front of several computer screens coding all day and I can't wait to have a refreshing homebrew!

:mug:

Spent the day coordinating and achieving high levels of unverifiable productivity.

Thursday is my last day in the office for the week. Friday I work from home, but it doesn't feel like work. I actually get more done because people aren't bugging me every 10 minutes.

I'm about to crack open my first beer of the evening.

I am right there with you guys. Today has been super slow for me as well. I purchase precious metals and the recent drop in the gold price has everyone waiting until it goes back up to sell it. I am just counting the minutes until I can pour a glass of beer.

Glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat, you know what they say, misery loves company. I have about a half hour before I can safely take off without catching too much flak from boss-man.

I am counting the days til my Disneyland vacation next week, can't wait to get some time off and into some better weather.

I too was bored today. I was looking up a Mil Spec part that was civilian now, and every time I found another piece for information, I needed to modify my search.
Screw it, it powered up, all the displays worked and went to yahoo to find a price, (Ebay didn't help) I found a similar item, re priced it, and put it on Ebay. Problem solved.

I'm usually home by 3:00, and that is just too early to crack a beer. it's 3:30, damn. Now I want a beer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395963403.900473.jpg

Finally made it home. Cheers guys!

Ha! Verifiable productivity with the big boss. I answered an email from my phone.

I also moved from an IRA to banana - lavender honey mead. The lavender honey is finally not overpowering the banana.

Looks delightful!

I said out loud, to myself, that it was a thing of beauty and my wife looked at me like I was crazy and called me a "dork". I told her it was no different than her admiring her work on a cake or batch of cupcakes she's decorated for a birthday party, she's an aspiring baker, she then said she gets it and takes the "dork" comment back. Lol.

Can't say that I was "bored" today - 8-10 hours of teenagers pretty much guarantees that I am never bored. But, damn if I am not ready and waiting to get home for a beer everyday! First Gandhi Bot...... Totally worth it.

Cheers:)

gandhi bot.jpg

Can't say that I was "bored" today - 8-10 hours of teenagers pretty much guarantees that I am never bored. But, damn if I am not ready and waiting to get home for a beer everyday! First Gandhi Bot...... Totally worth it.

Cheers:)

I think 8-10 hours of dealing w teenagers everyday would have me reaching for a pistol rather than a beer. You sir are a saint, and I don't even know what it is you do. Lol.

I think 8-10 hours of dealing w teenagers everyday would have me reaching for a pistol rather than a beer. You sir are a saint, and I don't even know what it is you do. Lol.

High School Biology teacher/coaching track and cross country..... In general, it is usually adults that make me want to go for the pistol:drunk: - The kids I can deal with.

Why wait 'til you get home to have a beer? Do what I do...have a beer while working. It's great. :D

It's been a slow *week* at work here. Hardly anything had been brought into the shop except the occasional squad car or work truck due for maintenance. We cleaned the entire shop up and done a ton of reorganizing and are running out of busy work. It's getting difficult to stay busy. Really wishing the pale ale I bottled almost two weeks ago was ready and in my hand...

Amen. Double brew day tomorrow though :ban:

We're doing a RIS and a Golden Belgian strong. First time trying to do a double-staggered brew day so should be interesting. Especially if it snows like I hear it might.

t-minus 2 hours till I'm home grinding grain and sipping some belgian homebrew...

It's been a slow *week* at work here. Hardly anything had been brought into the shop except the occasional squad car or work truck due for maintenance. We cleaned the entire shop up and done a ton of reorganizing and are running out of busy work. It's getting difficult to stay busy. Really wishing the pale ale I bottled almost two weeks ago was ready and in my hand...

I hear ya. I've cleaned my floors everyday this week, which never happens unless I get a really messy job. This morning we were so slow I decided to throw my car on the lift to see where I'm leaking coolant and do an alignment lol.
My dealership just got bought by another company and the transition has been anything but smooth. We're all hoping the new company is gonna drop some coin on advertising to get some cars through the door and do some fixing up in the shop and replace some of our old equipment. I'm looking forward to another IIPA when I get home tonight.

Latest posts

Back