bookbinding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
while I can't drink beer (keto diet; lost 30 lbs, dropped 2 pants sizes) my homebrewing is on hiatus & I started woodworking for a new hobby.

one of the advantages is I can sell what I make, revenuers be damned. have already sold some mash paddles, got planks lined up to make some 6-pack carriers. also making cutting boards

in the course of researching woodworking, I've been learning about other stuff you can DIY, and one that piqued my interest was bookbinding

I saw Revvy has done some bookbinding, including making his own paper.

anyone else?

while I can't drink beer (keto diet; lost 30 lbs, dropped 2 pants sizes) my homebrewing is on hiatus & I started woodworking for a new hobby.

I don't have any input on your question, but wanted to say congrats on the weight loss.

Thanks. 25 was my first goal. Next is another 25, but seem to be stuck where I am

Guess I should count myself lucky I've lost any at all during winter

I've made a few sheets of paper before, and actually wanted to do some binding and leathercrafting for covers, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The paper making was a fun project with the kids. I liked the rustic look of handmade paper. Hopefully someone chimes in on binding so I have another hobby to look forward to!

I have nothing to add about bookbinding. The thread just caught my eye because there is a book repair shop near me. I've watched them work from the street a couple times walking by and it's pretty amazing to see.

Back