Blue Moon available in Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chairman Cheyco

***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Under the name Rickard's White. The beer-guy at my local boozer was telling me that Rickard's White is actually just Blue Moon with a new name. I have yet to try it, but a friend of mine did and said it was quite good.

Keep your eyes peeled, Canuckistanis!

I am pretty sure that Blue Moon says "Made in Canada' on it, doesn't it?

Has anyone tried the "summertime" version? It is in a yellowish case, I think it has honey in it, it didn't temp me that much.

Beerrific said:
I am pretty sure that Blue Moon says "Made in Canada' on it, doesn't it?

Yeah, Molson makes it for Coors to sell in the states. As far as I know, it's not available here (not in the west for sure.)

I have heard that you either love this stuff or you hate it - even among beer-snobs.

Beerrific said:
Has anyone tried the "summertime" version? It is in a yellowish case, I think it has honey in it, it didn't temp me that much.

Their summer seasonal has honey and Orange in it. I thought it was alright but Pumbaa's wife didn't like it. Not a blockbuster but better than BMC thats for sure.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Yeah, Molson makes it for Coors to sell in the states. As far as I know, it's not available here (not in the west for sure.)

I have heard that you either love this stuff or you hate it - even among beer-snobs.

ummm....yeah, congrats or something. :)

In all seriousness it's not swill but I would take Hoegaarden over it any day of the week.
http://ratebeer.com/Beer/blue-moon-belgian-white-ale/2228/

Blue Moon tastes really good to me. Ignore the haters...anything that becomes relatively mainstream the snobs tend to dismiss

I have been looking, but still haven't spotted it. Have you found it in many places here in Calgary Chairman??

FlyGuy said:
I have been looking, but still haven't spotted it. Have you found it in many places here in Calgary Chairman??

You send me some grasshopper and I'll send you some blue moon :) :rockin:

when i go up to christina lake in the kootnay area of bc for the summer with all my family if feel like blue moon i just drive down the road 10 minutes away to can/usa border pick up a 6 pack of blue moon at the gas station in the us and bring bacj my daily duty free 6 pack if i want blue moon which i usually do

Back