Blown Tap-A-Draft Issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter

Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay,

In general, I have enjoyed my TAD system. With the keg setup, I now only use it for the occasional small batch. However, on my last brew, I noticed when I charged the TAD, with only one CO2 cart, it seemed to release ALL of the pressure into the bottle and did not restrict output to 15 psi anymore. I ended up pouring several pints of just pure foam. Also, there was so much pressure it wanted to force open the dispense lever. It took several pints, again of nothing but foam, to bleed off enough pressure so that it wouldn't start dispensing beer on its own.

Today, I went to tap a new bottle and it did the same thing. However, the tap seemed to be staying closed. So, I put it back in the refrigerator...MISTAKE. About five minutes later I went into the kitchen and thought, "What's that hissing sound coming from the fridge?!!??" You guessed it, the pressure had forced open the valve and my milk and bottles of salad dressing were swimming around in about two to three pints of beer.

I know you can replace the o-rings in these things. In fact, I think I bought a rebuild kit when I purchased it originally, but I'm not really sure if that would fix this issue. Anyone have any experience repairing a Tap-A-Draft?

Back