Blonde too sweet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Math0

Reaction score
Hi guys! I brewed a couple months ago the cream of 3 crops from this forum using 2-row, corn and rice. I wanted to have it stronger so I used 8lbs of 2-row, 2.5 lbs of corn and 1lb of rice. The ABV got somewhere between 6.8-7% (FG: 1.010). I loved this beer and I am planning to make it again. I thought the sweetness of the beer was a bit overpowering. I looked a bit and could not find what I was looking for. Should I take down one ingredient to make it dryer? Or could it be my mash schedule that was off? By the way the yeast was Safale-05.

I mashed 45 min@ 148F, then 20 min @165F.

Any advice would be really appreciated! Thank you!

You already got that to attenuate pretty well. Did you adjust the hops, though? The original is 1.040 and 14.3. If you bumped it up to 1.064 or so with no change to the bittering I would bet that would taste sweet.

I did a bit using a higher AA hop at 60 min with the same quantities but I guess it didnt do the job well enough. Thanks a lot! I didnt think it could be as easy as this..

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back