Blocked cooling system on my fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garage12brewing

Reaction score
Hello!

My Speidel 30L conical fermenter cooling jacket is blocked. ALL my cooling hoses, fitting, solenoid are ok. The blocking is INTO the cooling jacket in the fermentor.

I recently noticed that the cooling wasnt efficient not to say very poor... but yesterday while I was in the cold crashing phase I noticed that the temparature went back up to 21C ( garage temp. ) The glycol wasnt flowing anymore.

I guess that there is some slime/sh... blocking the channels in the fermenter. I ran water from my garden hose into it and it was not flowing that well... it was getting better but when I put back the Glycol from the chiller on it it always block because there is not enought pressure. When I run the chiller alone everything is good. There is no problem on the chiller.

What I can use to dilute/destroy the slime/sh... that is in the fermentor cooling system....

Thanks !

Back