Blickman Gun/Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wentsj28

Reaction score
So I have a blickman bottling gun. If I use it to fill up a growler tonight that is a clamp on lid, will my beer stay carbonated until Saturday night? Which is 4 days away by the way, lol. It will be chilled until then.

If you use a blichman beer gun properly is should stay carbonated indefinitely.

If you use a blichman beer gun properly is should stay carbonated indefinitely.

Cool. Is there any special trick? I usually just spray out the container with CO2, then lower my pressure to about 4psi, and fill. Is there anything I'm missing or should change?

No, that should do it. After the fill, give the top a quick pop with C02 and cap. I would also suggest that you always try to fill chilled bottles. I even put the tubing that fills in a bucket of ice water. When you get different temps in the process you get foam and can be a pain. Other than that, it's a great way to fill bottles from a keg.

what he said

just stick the growler in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before filling. Very low amounts of CO2 will come out of solution as long as the container is very cold. If it's warm it'll foam up and cause some issues.

also, run a bit out into a glass until the line is chilled (i usually just fill up a pint glass for myself... which is MORE than enough... but i do this hobby 'cuz i like what i make :) may as well drink some! )

Back