Blichmann QuickCarb not carbing well.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewVerymore

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the blichmann quickcarb and it worked pretty well once or twice, but now I"m not sure why, but it seems to not be carbonating as well.

So before with a temp of roughly 4C, I would use the quickcarb according to the instructions by hitting it with 13PSI for 45-60min to get about 2.5 volumes. With the quickcarb you're supposed to set it roughly 1PSI above the carb chart. This was able to get me excellent carbonation.

More recently, I have used it on a few kegs with the same settings and the beginning of the pour comes out nice with head, but after a couple seconds as the line cools down the beer comes out with no head. By the second pour shortly after, the beer comes out like juice with no head. So, I instead cranked it up to 15PSI and had similar results. Can anyone give me some ideas as to why this might be happening? There are no leaks and I'm kind of at a loss for what could be going wrong.

Does it matter high the kegs are filled?

Back