Blichmann Power Controller 240V

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highland_brewer

Short Circuited Brewers
Reaction score
I got one of these in for review. Though I would share the review. It uses PWM technology instead of the usual "pot switch" like the still dragon, etc. I'm curious if those devices do any better or worse with the potentiometer and SSVR?

Just watched your video Brian and want to say I enjoy your YouTube channel... this boil controller is something of interest to me. I just bought 2 kettles from Grounded Brewing Technologies and was looking at options for electrifying one of them for a HLT. Right now I either BIAB or use a my BK as a HLT with cooler mash tun / RIMS and drain runnings into buckets until the BK is available... but for not that much I can potentially make a e-HLT, use my cooler / RIMS for mash, then direct fire the boil... it's not a sexy setup, but seems like it can work with this inexpensive controller.

Last edited:
Just watched your video Brian and want to say I enjoy your YouTube channel... this boil controller is something of interest to me. I just bought 2 kettles from Grounded Brewing Technologies and was looking at options for electrifying one of them for a HLT. Right now I either BIAB or use a my BK as a HLT with cooler mash tun / RIMS and drain runnings into buckets until the BK is available... but for not that much I can potentially make a e-HLT, use my cooler / RIMS for mash, then direct fire the boil... it's not a sexy setup, but seems like it can work with this inexpensive controller.
I works well for sure. Glad you found it helpful! Thanks for the feedback!

Latest posts

Back