Blichmann kettle - worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshrosborne

Reaction score
So, I am in the market for a new 15gl kettle to able to do 10gl batches at times. I know Blichmann is considered top of the class, but I'm trying to figure out whether the improved quality is worth the cost.

Whatever I buy, a ball valve will be a must. A sight glass or volume etchings are next on my want list. Since I won't be using it for a mash tun, a thermometer would be nice, but isn't super essential. Other things that would be nice are cool to the touch handles, a good proportion of vertical to horizontal size so I can keep boil off under control, and a generally high quality build.

Any recommendations?

Oh yeah, the other thing I would be interested in is welded ports so I have less to worry about with leaking and wobbling of the valve.

Blichmann kettles are completely worth the cost in my opinion. Mine has served me well as a boil kettle. The calibrated sight glass is really useful. No need to make and use a dip stick. The thermometer isn't necessary for the boil kettle, but I have found it useful to be able to glance over to get an idea of when the hot break is going to start so I can stop doing other things and be on the lookout for a boil over.

Latest posts

Back