Blichmann floor burner fails to ignite on top and flames shoot out the venturi.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uzomad

Reaction score
I took it apart to see if there might be an obstruction. The intake manifold has a black piece of paper over it. Is this necessary??? Oddly the propane ignites in the venturi even though I hold a flame over the burner with a pot on. So either the propane is being blocked by the paper, flowing out the venturi, and being ignited by the flame on top (scary), or the paper is necessary and the propane is pooling just below the burner and burning out of the venturi.
uR9V0yR.png

(And yes I disassembled the gas inlet bolt,tube ,and spring in order to take the picture so it's not that.)

That's what I'm thinking too, I just don't want to be wrong and void the warranty if it's actually necessary. They did say that the burner was supposed to be much quieter than other burners and it doesn't look like I can peel it off easily. The gasket looks Chinese in origin ... so that's even more reason to think it's an unperforated gasket. Blichmann needs to get their act together. Between this and the flaming gas tube post their quality of assembly at least seems to be on the decline.

Apparently someone got a hair across his butt because this thing is all over the forum.

If it wasn't obvious that the center had to be punched out, I suggest going electric, post haste...

Cheers! ;)

ps: Don't be a ******* because of one old post and lack of common sense...

What's common sense about the inner workings of a piece of machinery I've never used before?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sorry, didn't know you were an economist...

But seriously, you put gas and air into one end of the venturi bell, the other end connects to the burner - but it has this gasket totally blocking the big-ass hole between them.
You don't think it would be common sense that the big-ass hole needed to be open?

Kudos that you managed to separate the bell from the burner and find the problem, though.
I imagine there must be some non-economists out there that wouldn't have gotten that far...

Cheers! ;)

Sound logic, except for the fact that Blichmann states that their burner is quieter than other burners and noticeably more efficient. What if the paper was supposed to be perforated in a proprietary manner, or supposed to only have a small opening instead of being fully cut. Again it may seem simple for you, but for someone that has no experience with most hardware whatsoever ... not so obvious.

Man some of you are real *****. I don't see why you need to get on this guy, he probably spent good money thinking he was going to get a good product. For the money you spend on this burner, Blichmann better take it out of the box from China and test it.

Latest posts

Back