Blacksnake Meadery - Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NineMilBill

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to be traveling through Southwest Virginia these past few days, and I swung by Blacksnake Meadery in Carroll County earlier today. I met the mazer, Joe, on his front porch tucked into the backwoods off an un-paved road. I sampled about a half-dozen of his meads – and they were all amazing. That guy really knows what he’s doing. He also operates two of his own hives right there on his property. My personal favorite was either his Wildflower Mead or the Sweet Virginia Mead. The SWMBO about lost her mind when she tried the “Meloluna” Mead and insisted we get it. I ended up walking away with the Wildflower and Meloluna. There was also an interesting Lime-Mead that I can definitely respect. Anyone who’s made Skeeter Pee knows how difficult it can be to get high-acid/citric batches to ferment. Anyway – Joe knows mead very well, was an awesome dude to talk to, and makes a killer potion. If you get a chance, swing by his place and pick up a bottle or two.

Blacksnake Meadery

Back