Blacklands Malt - Texas maltster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minimum order is a 50# sack.

They're out of two-row, but it'll be back in stock at the beginning of June.

You have to pick up your grain at Blacklands in Leander.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This is great!

aggieactuary, I am also in Houston, I am thinking about driving out there at the end of June to get a couple of bags. PM me if you are interested in getting some also.

Thanks for the link. I'd love to get some of that Pilsner and add a lb or 2 of the Crystal :)

Just FYI for anyone who is planning on getting this. I emailed Brandon the Maltster/Manager and he replied:

"it sells out usually within 2-3 days so hurry out if you want some."

I'd probably be interested in splitting a fifty pound bag with someone.. Pilsner or Two Row.

I live in Alvin, just south of Houston.

Anyone in the DFW area planning to pick up an order with them? I'd be interested in a 50# bag.

I rarely make it to Austin, but if I do I'll post here to let anyone interested know I'm going.

Thanks for the good find, nice to have a semi-local maltster.

I've been using them for awhile now. Very high quality malts that work well with all the styles I have tried (Stouts, blondes and SMASH's so far). I currently have a bag of their white wheat and their 2 row that I use for most everything I brew. Did a comparison SMASH ale between Breiss and Blacklands (Crystal hops) and everyone perferred the Blacklands to the Breiss.

I also have a bag of an "experimental" grain that they were selling when we were picking up some of the 2 row. Just made a "mystery beer" with is and some other left over grains that, so far, is looking excellent.

The 2-row is something like $60 per bag and I got the wheat for 80¢ per pound since they had a surplus ($40 for the bag)

Very nice guys and great product.

Back