Blackberry or Peach Mead (Melomel)? or both???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrasilCerveja

Reaction score
I’ve brewed a lot of beer but never made & am interested in meads...
I have a lot of frozen peaches (white) & blackberries (black satin- thornless variety that aren’t super sweet) & I’d like to do something with them so meads make sense.
Love reading the forums & appreciate expertise and/or random opinions here so should I make a peach mead, blackberry mead or try a combination & why?

One of the best melomels I've done over the past couple years was a Blackberry/Apricot. For a 1G batch, I used 3 lb of blackberries and 1 lb of dried apricots. Plus 3 lb honey. It was a great combination, and I suspect a peach/blackberry would be equally good.

2nd thought: If you do 1G batches, you can do all 3 varieties- straight peach, straight blackberry, and a combo. 1G yields 4 wine bottles plus 1 large glass to sample at bottling time.

Hmmm. Interesting. Thank you for the input. I’m doing a combo wine right now of them right now. Even though it’s slightly peach heavy in content the overwhelming taste is blackberry. Big fan of 1 gallon batches- they make little rubber stoppers that fit in growlers for a reason.

Latest posts

Back