Blackberry bourbon brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamshershner

Reaction score
Just popped into my first one. Best beer I've made to date, according to everyone who has tried it!
BIAB, 5 gal batch
10lb 2-Row
2lb White Wheat
1lb Black Patent Malt
1lb Crystal Malt - 150L
1lb Weyermann Roasted Barley 1Lb
1 oz. Mt Hood Hop Pellets (flameout)
1 oz Nugget Hop Pellets (FWH)
1/4 tsp. irish moss at flameout -15 min
1 vial Dry English Ale Yeast - WLP007 (.75L starter, 1.030 for 2 days)

OG 1.078, FG 1.011 @ bottling

Mashed @151 for 60 min (might bump to 153 next time) FWH w/ 1 oz nugget, add 1 oz mt. hood @ flameout. I let it sit in the primary for 2.5 weeks, then transferred to secondary for 2 weeks. I soaked 6 lbs of fresh wild blackberries in about 1/3 a fifth of jim beam for 2 days, then smashed them with a potato masher and poured them into a small mesh bag and let sit in the secondary for 2 days. The aroma is a slight hint of bourbon and roasty malt, head retention is moderate. Flavor starts out toasty and changes to a dry tartness with an awesome blackberry essence. This is the first brew that has turned out how I wanted it, thanks to all here who have provided knowledge!

Sounds tasty. Will be adding this to the list of future brews, thanks for sharing!

Back