Black Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggydog

Reaction score
I know It's not the time of the year for a Pumpkin beer but I am trying to get my list of beers together of thing I want to make this year and find recipes.... that being said I currently am doing extract brewing (it will take the rest of this year to complete my all grain unit) does anyone have a recipe for a extract Black pumpkin ale (urban chestnut Count Orlok is amazing) any help I can get!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Never had a "black pumpkin" but I would imagine you could take a porter/stout recipe and add the spices of a pumpkin recipe. I use 1tbs each of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice at 15 mins left in boil. Comes out like a slice of pie in a glass. A pumpkin stout sounds awesome.

I have a recipe for a black pumpin beer, well it kinda 2 different beers same wort. But they taste very different. I named it Devils Night. I have won a few competition medals with it. It's all grain but I'm sure I can be converted. I do a 10 gallon batch and split it and use a belgian saison yeast on one and an english ale yeast on the other half. Both are good but different. I have the recipe at work. I can post it on Monday if you are interested.

I don't have the recipe but check out The Fear imperial pumpkin dark ale from Flying Dog. Link here.

I don't normally like pumpkin/spiced ales but this one is really good. You might be able to get some recipe clues from their product page.

Thank you, I will have to try to find this in the fall I always like trying new beers...or old beers ....hell I like beer!!! :mug:

Latest posts

Back