Black Friday Brew Day in the Books!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
Feels like it could become a tradition. Let the wife and kids try to go shopping. I'll brew.

Though only the baby went shopping, and it wasn't until 6 AM, and I didn't start brewing til 10. Still. Black Friday brew day rocks! Best use of a day off, IMO!

It was sort of spur of the moment, so the lager will have to wait. But I got the stuff for an IPA and a stout on hand. So there you go. I made 8 gallons of IPA split into two small carboys and 5 gallons of Stout. Seems appropriate for Black Friday, right? And of course made some apfelwein. Too easy to not do every brew day.

Efficiency was pretty bad, but there was tons of down time because all the fermenters had already been kegged due to excessive down time since last brew day. Played many games of bumper pool while waiting for things to happen.

All in all 5 hours and 40 minutes for 18 gallons of fermenting beverages. Looking forward to waking up tomorrow to the nose-burning aroma of CO2 flooding the basement!

For a second i thought you were saying a Black Ipa.Stout is nice and black.
I guess mine would have to be anti-black Friday with two small batch "Pale"ales.Plus i had a Thanksgiving dinner @ my moms.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back