Big Stout ~ Hello from Oakland California!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdinsBrew

Reaction score
I can get Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig IPA, on draft and in bottles, and Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Stone IPA and more! And I just started brewing two days ago. Will I ever drink my own?

... Hell ya! I started Saturday night, Dec 6. I made wort for a stout, added in an extra 2lbs of corn sugar, and when going to the carboy I added in 2 quarts of apple juice(with no preservatives, for more sugar and maybe some hints of apples to the taste.) At bottling I plan to dump in some whiskey and vanilla extract. Hopefully just enough extra flavors to give it character.

Last night, about 11 hours in the carboy, the krausen looked like it was going to pop the top and blow up in my laundry room, which happened to my brother and other folks online here I see. Luckily I used your site to quickly learn about and install a blow off tube! Great Save! I just made the jump into the deep end and hope the bourbon, apple, vanilla stout will be tastey!

The site here is an excellent source of information and I'm learning lots... and have lots to learn!

Thanks for the site and thanks to the experienced who keep posting informative answers!

I'm guessing now that I'm going to end up with a "Snakebite". We'll see. ...the suspense is killing me.

Back