Big Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solbes

Reaction score
As my weekends have stayed busy, and I can't seem to get more than 2 hours of free time during the week, I had to plan for a big brew day. Yesterday I probably took on too much, but I wonder if other people do similar things.

I brewed up a BIAB Carmelite Tripel. Racked a Patersbier from primary into a keg. And bottled a Raspberry wheat that was in a carboy with Raspberry remains. And then had a HUGE mess in the kitchen to clean up, well I still kinda do.

I started at 1 pm and finished up at 9:30 pm. Some interuptions for yelling at the TV (Vikings suck, I'm going to start rooting for Lions I think), talking with the neigbors, frying up some walleye for dinner, and watching the kids run through the sprinklers (in October!). But by and large, this was mostly brewing effort with out any help. Sanitizing bottles, making candii syrup for Tripel, harvesting and washing yeast, cleaning keg and adding new seals, making priming sugar boils, and spilling various liquids in our kitchen.

I'm wondering if I could try brewing 2 batches in one day as a next challenge. Anyone else have a similar day in their past or planned for the future?

All grain brew days are an all day affair for me without a brew buddy. I enjoy it obviously, but I'm pretty spent by the end of the day. I can't imagine doing two beers in one day without some help - and frankly would be worried I'd screw up a step trying to do too much at one time.

2 weeks ago I had my biggest brew day yet. Did an all grain ESB, bottled a barley wine during the mash/ boil, then started an extract SNPA clone and transferred an apple ale to secondary during the boil and resealed my kegerator. Huge mess but 10 gallons brewed, 5 gallons transferred, and 5 bottled I would say was a successful day. Tired as he'll though.

Latest posts

Back