Biermuncher Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted this in the beginner forum with no dice... Maybe I can get some help here...

I tried to jam my racking cane into my cobra tap to fill some bottles Biermuncher style. There is no way that my racking cane will fit into the tap - no way. I have a 1/2" racking cane, iirc. Can you guys point me in the right direction for the correct size racking cane for this procedure? Thanks and :mug:

Never done it, but the two "standards" in racking canes are 1/2" and 5/16". I've seen 3/8" sold as well but are more rare. If you have a LHBS, I'd visit and see what they had. They should have several sizes of racking canes as well as some taps/spouts you could try "fitting" before you buy anything.

Thanks guys. Irish, I don't have a LHBS - have to do all my gear shopping online. Johnson, I will go with the cane one size down from the 1/2".

Back